Tuesday, February 25, 2014

View photo.JPG in slide show
Thanks to Lisa at Happyindolevalley@blogspot.com for my wonderful swap gift.
Beeswax candles, tea tree oil soap, 2 hot pads, a cork magnet and a sweet card.
It was such a great surprise to open the mailbox and find something other than bills. To be honest I sometimes open the mail box and if it is only bills, I leave them.
Well, this swap really motivated me to clean up my craft room.  I think I could very easily become addicted to craft swaps. All of this because a friend signed me up for a hibernation workshop with http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/
and then I found http://www.sweetpotatoclaire.blogspot.com/ and then I updated my blog (which I have really enjoyed doing-maybe now I can have a electronic trail of my life instead of a bunch of sticky notes that I lose)
and so the story goes.
Well, gardening is also on my mind.  I read that if you spend 100 on a garden you will gather the rewards 3 times over.  Let's hope that this years harvest does better than last years yield which =  a couple of strawberries, lots of kale, some snap peas and some squash that froze in an early freeze and 2 tomotoes that did not survive a wind storm.  Lets hope this year will be better.
I am presenting next week on early literacy and creating inviting environments in the library for children and families to engage in early literacy activities that focus on reading, writing, playing, singing and talking.  Going through all my old notes and pinterest boards has really motivated me to accomplish more at work as a childrens librarian and at home.  I have been reorganzing toys and hope to create play bins this week that I will alternate out for my youngest who will be 3 in April. Well...writing that number 3 really tugs at my heart strings, it seems like yesterday I had a newborn and now I have a BOY.
I am Blessed...

2 comments:

  1. what a great package to receive! good luck with your garden this year~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy your package arrived safe and sound! The hot pads are actually washcloths to go with the soap. I think I stuck a bottle of our homemade vanilla in your package, too; I hope it didn't break in transit. Watching our children grow is such a joy! My youngest is 13 (yes, 13!). Some of my fondest memories are those spent on the sofa reading books together -- I'm so thankful my two youngest still enjoy reading aloud together.

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete